A Seasoned Business Problem Solver
Experienced Professional with 15 years of experience in all areas of business operations for a global electronics manufacturing company. Implemented all key business systems for manufacturing sites in the US, Ireland, Malaysia and Mexico. Experience with all areas of IT, ranging from infrastructure, ERP deployment, technical support and administration. Track record of leading clients and cross-functional business units to meet their strategic requirements from system scope, design, implementation, test and delivery. Proven ability to spearhead new system implementation that result in significant increases in efficiencies and cost reductions..
Senior Solution Consultant - August 2013 - Present
- Supervise or lead a team of consultants
- Author processes in FlexNet using Process Builder
- Build interfaces and mapping using FlexNet or third party tools
- Deliver Apriso solutions, including process authoring in FlexNet™
- Configure and Develop required extensions to the Apriso software suite
- Configure and develop required interfaces to disparate external system and hardware
- Create appropriate technical designs based on functional specifications
- Create appropriate technical and functional test plans and ensure quality of developed software
- Execution of system and integration testing at customer site together with customer
- Provide technical support for our products until transition to support
- Ensure overall quality of final solution
Director of Support - June 2008 to July 2013
Implemented and supporting MES software solutions for the control, tracking and optimization of the electronics assembly process. Specialized in custom software deployment and configuration in a variety of manufacturing environment. Analyzed feasibility and scope of large complex software project roll-outs. Formulated plans to phase in new processes to incorporate full traceability solutions including full process enforcement, process tracking and process data collecting. Determine best methods for automated data collection solutions to minimize user interaction with software systems. Gather customer requirements, determine root cause analysis and communicated recommended fixes to development team. Tested and debugged new software releases.
- Implemented and supported MES software solutions for the control and optimization of the electronics assembly process.
- Established software issue tracking system
Business Systems Manager - Jan 2006 to March 2008
Managed and supported all areas of the company’s Business Systems and Processes including software development projects, process mapping, training and user support. Determined user requirements, defined system scope, and adapted software solutions to user needs. Designed, encoded, tested, documented and implemented new applications and enhancements to existing application systems.
- Developed, managed and controlled budgets for internal IT Services and other appropriate expenses for vario projects.
- Established and developed strategy for deploying new business systems and processes in accordance with business unit standards and direction. Created, maintained, modified Lotus Notes databases, SQL Databases and existing systems as needed.
- Provided technical support for all business systems. Provided internal and external vendor oversight to coordinate Business Systems projects and prioritization.
- Developed a reliable quotation and approval system for fast growing automotive electronics company.
- Overhauled Engineering Change process to manage change requests more effectively including bills of material, process changes, design changes and customer quotes.
Business Unit IT Manager - March 2002 to Jan 2006
Managed all areas of IT for five plants, three located in Michigan and two located in Ireland.
- Developed and managed web-based Sales Forecasting system to consolidate sales data from 17 separate
plants. Used off-shore developers to reduce development costs.
- Setup and administered all areas of IT infrastructure and processes at a startup manufacturing location in
- Successfully transitioned to Lotus Domino Server from Exchange Server to enable the division to use the
same email system as Corporate
- Hired and trained staff to administer the IT infrastructure in Ireland.
IT Systems Engineer and Project Engineer - Aug 1997 to March 2002
- Developed, implemented and administered a global computer network system with direct responsibility for
maintaining 250 workstations at a manufacturing facility in Michigan and 50 workstations in a startup plant
in Ireland. This included ERP management, network configuration and LAN administration.
- In three months, implemented QSI, a Quality Software System in Lotus Notes to help pass QS9000 and
TS14949 standards. The system helps organizations in Document Control, maintenance of Engineering Changes, Preventive Maintenance and Corrective Action Reporting
- Within one year of plant opening, implemented a Quality System in Ireland to help pass QS9000 audit with
only one Quality Manager and five other department managers
- Developed electronic purchase requisition system for automating approvals, tracking purchase requests
and spending for Global operations
- Within two months of acquiring the manufacturing plant, installed a Virtual Private Network over an ISDN
Internet connection using a Cisco router in Ireland to connect network systems to the States.
- Developed and administered applications using Lotus Notes for company wide Engineering, Quality.
Purchasing, Expense Reporting and Quotation systems.
- Designed and managed specialized tooling and fixtures for manufacturing electronic components using
- Implemented SBT accounting software for general business order tracking, purchasing, inventory tracking,
invoicing, payables, receivables, and general ledger functions.
- Integrated Material Requirement Planning (MRP), Inventory Tracking, Electronic Data Interchange (EDI),
time/attendance and barcode labeling functions for an electronics assembly company.
- Oversaw installation and implementation of company wide telephone system, including voice mail, Direct
Inward Dialing and PBX set up.
Danti Tool & Die, Saginaw, MI
Project Manager - Jan 1993 to Aug 1997
- Managed engineering projects from quotation to design, build and debug. Became familiar with the machine
design process for the manufacturing industry.
- Designed fixtures, jigs and small machines using AutoCad.
- Debugged electrical controls for a Modicon PLC on a Spin Varnish Pick-and-Place machine and a Nut-Runner bolting machine using an Allen Bradley PLC.
- Maintained computer network functions using Microsoft’s FoxPro programming language.
- BS in Manufacturing Systems Engineering, minor in Computer Science
- GMI Engineering and Management Institute Flint, Michigan 1996
- Vice President and Treasurer, Gamma Mu Iota Honor Society
- Certified QS9000/ISO9000 Auditor
- Dale Carnegie Graduate Assistant
- Operating Systems: Windows XP, Exchange Server, Windows 2003 Server, NT Server, IIS, SQL2000, Lotus Notes / Domino, Blackberry Server
- Networking: Cisco PIX Firewall configuration, Switches, hubs, TCP/IP, Internet Router configuration, Ethernet, EDI, LAN, Frame Relay, VPN
- SOFTWARES: Apriso, FlexNet, SAP,QSI, BaaN, Visio, MS Office, SBT Accounting 6.0, TIW Workshop 6.0, SolidWorks, AutoCAD R14, SQL, Project
- OTHERS:PC Automation Controls, Machining, CNC, Mills, Lathe, Grinding, World Wide Web publications, Physical Vapor Deposition, Low Pressure Chemical Vapor Deposition, Thin Film technologies, Real Estate and securities exchange market trading